Pages

Saturday, March 07, 2009

No problem, I hear AA women are easy.

After a drinking binge about a week and a half ago, where, in an angry rage, I deleted about half my face book friends (about 10), I swore off drinking the next day, after I polished off my last 3 beers until tomorrow. I realized I could not drink tomorrow, easily, because this is Massachusetts and we have some pretty wacky liquor laws due to the good ol' Catholic Church -- WHICH THINKS IT CAN AND DOES DICTATE TO EVERYONE, and, of course the good ol' Liquor Store Lobby, so I am drinking now. Yay!

I didn't swear off drinking because I thought it was a problem, because drinking helps me to deal with the misery of my life, but because my weight is beginning to spiral out of control, and drinking always makes me hungry. Alcohol alone contains awesome amounts of calories. So it is dating -- or this farce that I'm involved with that might, if you're generous, be called dating, that is keeping me straight. I go back on the wagon tomorrow for about a week. I used to have this asshole friend, and he was this big reformed alcky, and he was always like, "Ed, you should go to an AA meeting. I think you have a problem. And you could meet women at these meetings. Lots. And they're real basket cases like you. You could have them easy."

No comments: