Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

The inside track of cool

I forgot to tell you that I used to spend hours reading profiles, but only the ones that would catch my eye. I think that's how I found yours the first time. Of course, there are those profiles which read exactly the same, all that shit about travel, and how versatile they are, from jeans to dressing up, from drinking beer to dining out in expensive restaurants. I especially loathe profiles with pics of body parts, and no face. Of course, I am always intrigued by an allusion to something so obscure, that I think I'm the only one who gets it.

-LA Woman


Oh Men do the travel and versatility thing too? I would think if a man talked about how versatile he was he would sound ... how should I say this ... gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with it.)

I'm not too crazy about the allusion to something obscure because it's a little too insider-knowledgey for me, though I am slightly guilty of this myself. Now I go by the alias Burden_of_Dreams. This is a documentary about a director name Werner Herzog. Nobody yet has gotten it. Perhaps the woman who does will get a free invitation to marriage as I will know that she is on the inside track of cool.

-Ed

No comments: