Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You could eat it ... probably



My mother got this thing in the mail from Cabot Cheese. Cabot asserts that aged cheddar and some other cheeses are lactose free, and that you can tell if a cheese is lactose free by looking at its sugar content. They assert that if the cheese has no sugar in it, it is lactose free.

This information is put out by a member of the cheese industry so one must use critical thinking. I am lactose intolerant. Pizza and ice cream I know severely fucks me over. I decided to put what they said to the test. I ate an entire block of 50% Reduced Fat Cabot cheddar cheese in one sitting. It had 0g of Sugars. I suffered no intestinal distress. I will replicate the experiment some other time. I'm still not entirely convinced that this is kosher.

No comments: