Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My pissing ground



"And you make fun of people who work at Walmart and have bad teeth? You should be ashamed of yourself."

This is a portion of the third comment left to my last blog entry. I have supplied a photo of my teeth as evidence that this commenter is entirely wrong about my teeth. My teeth are perfectly fine. As you can see, it is my head which is the problem, not my teeth. This commenter, who is probably a former friend of mine with the initials C.R., is completely clueless about me, and has none of his facts right. None. He is also a megalomaniac. But I will not get into that or him as I don't want to stir up memories of this annoying person who I had blissfully forgotten up until he started to reappear as an anonymous commenter, pushing a volunteerism religion.

Volunteerism is a right-wing plot to divert attention away from the horrendous inequities that exist in our society. It is not the obligation of individuals to take care of the needy. It is the obligation of society to collectively take care of the needy, but more importantly, to intact legislation to protect people from becoming needy to begin with. People reading this will probably accuse me of being a Marxist. And you know something, that's okay. Perhaps I am a Marxist after all. Why do I have to be embarrassed by this label when I am in agreement with so many of Marx's views? Volunteerism is really part of the religion of right-wing greed and backwardness. My personal experience with volunteerism is that people who receive your volunteer help are indifferent about it at best. Institutions who hire volunteer labor, in my experience, treat volunteer labor like shit. They're just as exploitative as capitalists and perhaps even worse. To suggest that I am some selfish, cold-hearted person is really pure shit. I probably give more money to the homeless than most people reading this. I do a lot of good things that go completely off the record. One good thing that is still on the record is my defiance of Bush's war. While the whole country was waving their flags and the left went into hiding, I was out there with my podcast and my blog blasting the right-wing neo-con fuckers who perpetrated this war. I was putting my ass on the line to do this. People forget "Freedom Fries," and how crazy this country became after 9/11. Did I single-handedly save the government from being taken over by neo-fascists? Of course not. But I did what I could to demonstrate to people that you do not have to shut the fuck up. Obviously the anti-war movement failed and continues to fail, but at least now, dissent is acceptable. I was a very small part of the I-don't-have-to-shut-the-fuck-up movement and I'm proud of that. I refused to wave flags around unlike most of the people reading this. I can live with myself. I'm not sure how you my readers can live with themselves after supporting this fucking heinous atrocity of a war, either overtly or passively by shutting the fuck up.

Like many other people, this commenter solicits simplistic advice about what I need to do in order to improve myself as if I'm interested in his or anyone's advice. When I want advice I fucking ask for it, and there's very few people who I consider wise enough to solicit advice from. This is my pissing ground. Not yours. It's mine. This is not group therapy. I'm not interested in your feedback, especially the banal idiots that come on here to tell me that I bore them or I complain too much, and yet they keep coming back to read my blog entries. You're not paying any money for this blog. If you don't like it, either cut me a fucking check so I could have the time to write better blogs or move the fuck on. This is why I hate people, because they're such incredible fucking dumb-asses.

I'm officially prohibiting commenting on this blog. When I'm trying to work in the middle of the day and some dumb-ass posts some inane comment, I feel compelled to put the motherfucker in his place immediately. It seriously interrupts my concentration and wastes my time and energy.

People can still contact me through e-mail via my profile. I check my e-mail once or twice a week.

No comments: