Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

Personal ad response to PQ

Hi,

I was thinking about opening up with the line "I am a doctor too -- a doctor of love" -- but that would not be factually accurate because, as evidenced by the fact that I am 43 and never married, I flunked out of love medical school. But I keep trying. Maybe I could make it through love dental school.

I am a huge Herzog fan. He is my last living role model and hero. My favorite of his documentaries is "Little Dieter Needs to Fly." The ending of this when he is talking about the bear that is looking to eat him being his only friend exudes existential misery unlike anything I've ever seen on film. My favorite feature film by Herzog is "Rescue Dawn." But of course they are sort of the same film, just examining the subject of loneliness from different perspectives.

I am a huge Buffy fan. Own most of the DVDs. And I am trying very hard to like "Dollhouse," but not having to much success at this effort.

I don't think you look much like Jackie Kennedy but I think you have very cute cheeks and you look hot!

-Ed

1 comment:

Dickie said...

I just noticed that I spelled "to" wrong. Maybe that's why she didn't write back. She was a doctor and liked Herzog and Buffy. Could you ask for anything more in a woman? Oh well...