Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The penis is okay, sort of

Technically it is not the penis that was the problem. The anatomical part is called the perineum. I’ve blogged about this before, though I most likely referred to it as my prostate problem, though it turns out that it was probably not a prostate problem.

Nancy would always ask me how my “penis” was. She was very concerned about my problem, as she liked to have sex five times a day, a feat I used to be able to do easily, as I am a freak of nature and can even have multiple orgasm with hardly even losing an erection, but five times a day last year would have caused me unbearable pain. It made any type of sex life nearly impossible. I have known men who would have killed themselves if they had what I had, but I kept saying to myself, “Stay, cool, it’s not like you’re getting any sex anyways.” It did drive me to the brink of madness, but all-in-all I think I handled it quite well. I remember having to masturbate, not for pleasure but to relieve awesome amounts of pressure. I think the pressure was caused by semen build-up. Masturbating would give me initial release, yet would cause my perineum to swell again. So I would wait two or three or four days until the pressure would build up again until I couldn’t take it anymore and then masturbate again to restart the vicious cycle. I would also get very angry at myself when I masturbated, but the discomfort of the pressure was unbearable. Anyone would masturbate under this condition. The Pope would masturbate.

I am leaving out a lot of details. Basically I was fortunate enough not to be able to afford Flomax anymore. Flomax didn’t cause the problem, but it almost surely was making it far worse. The problem is much better now. Occasionally there is perineum swelling but nothing near like what it used to be. I can easily ejaculate five times a day and often do when I’m bored.

I had found another urologist. His name was Michael O'Leary at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. This was the third urologist I saw about this. He was the only doctor who was familiar with my symptoms. He said they don’t know what causes it, that it is thought to be something in the nervous system, and that there’s nothing that could be done to help me, though it might get better by itself – and he was right about this! I decided to abort trying to get the problem fixed, because I felt like he knew what the fuck he was talking about.

No comments: