Pages

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My e-mail to Yahoo Personals staff, who blocked my personal ad

Please forgive me for that horrible word I used in my Yahoo Personals ad: "Shitloads."

O heavans, I wouldn't want to introduce such foul language to all the children on Yahoo Personals looking for relationships. Awhhh-geez, shucks, that word "shitloads" was a real no-no. A doozy.

I was wondering if you could suggest another word that I could use in place of "shitloads." How about "Mickey-Mouse-loads" or "Donald-Duck-loads". What do you think?

I'm glad that the fortune that you expect me to pay for Personal Ad subscriptions is being put to good use, and that your WORD POLICE are constantly vigilant and on the job 24/7, making sure that my wording is pure and G-rated.

Perhaps for now I stick with Spring Street Networks, who do not police my thought. But when I become a Puritan, Disney-loving type of guy, I'll be sure to pay Yahoo for a subscription.

Thanks Rodrick,

And thanks to all the THOUGHT PATROL at Yahoo Personals!

Moshe Moscovitz


------------------------------------------
Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Personals.

Your personals ad profile was not approved because your ad's text
contains a profanity (shitloads).

If you have questions regarding whether or not specific ads are
appropriate in Yahoo! Personals, please refer to the Yahoo! Personals
Guidelines, located at:

http://personals.yahoo.com/info/guidelines.html

Yahoo! reserves the right to remove ads that are in violation of our
Terms of Service or the Yahoo! Personals Guidelines.


Regards,

Rodrick

Yahoo! Customer Care
http://www.yahoo.com/

13062391


Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

>>REDFRMCON




Mail-Id: 1107882325-4931

Name: Moshe Moscovitz

Yahoo! ID: moshe_moscovitz

Personals ID #
Moshe Moscovitz

Subject: Saved Profiles

Problem description: Hi,

My personal ad was rejected,

"Your description, headline or personals
name was not accepted because it is
obscene, profane, vulgar, or contains
too much personal information. Your
profile will not appear on our site or
in search results until its has been
updated and resubmitted."

I'm really puzzled what the obscenity,
profanity, or vulgarity is, especially
in light of the fact that the ad was
previously accepted and I had made only
minor changes. Please help me out.

Do we have your permission to enter your account if we need to
investigate further?
Yes

While Viewing: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/pers/pers-05.html

No comments: