Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

No thrill for me, only dread

Read this woman's profile on okaycupid. Says the following:


You should message me if

.. you know the thrill of waking up in the morning with the excitement of knowing you HAVE to do something, just have to, from the bottom of your heart. I'd love to talk if you do know this feeling.


And I thought, shit, this woman would not want to know me. I wake up each morning to nothing but dread. Do people really feel like this woman? Is it bullshit or do they make themselves believes their lives are exhilarating?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are bat-shit crazy, that's all.

Bring back "Live, From Mt. Sinai".
It was your best work.

Dickie said...

If you found a corporate sponsor for me I would bring it back, though Bastard Brood of Che was a much better show. I might do something like it when I finish my book and try to plug the book with it. I need to be getting some monetary benefit, or at least respect. I wasn't getting shit.

Anonymous said...

There were moments when "Mt Sinai" and "BBofC" were completely off-the-hook hilarious.

Listen, I'll tell you as a long time admirer of your work, you need to get back on it. If money is your primary motivation, I can't see it working, but you'll be cheating yourself if you don't have another kick at the can. These are different times. You just need a laser-like focus, even if it seems to flounder early on. You have mad-crazy skills, Dickie.

I'm not sure of how you can promote yourself to more lucrative venues, but if there's any way I could help you, I will.

Lastly, I realise you long for someone special to share your life with, but please, don't let that smother the creative spark within you. That, my friend, is part of your charm, don't underestimate it's appeal to smart, caring women.

Take care.