Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hopefully no more dating this week...

I panicked before the date because I could not locate on the Internet this place Julia wanted to go to called "Athens". It was a coffee shop. I called, left a message, e-mailed. She did e-mail me a better physical description right before I left, but wasn't sure where it was.

It turns out it was "Athans" not "Athens". I said what threw me was it was spelled with an "a" not an "e', and she said, "Oh, I spelled right." (But not really.)

Julia was a Russian. Said she was 45 on her profile, but I learned later on the date that she LIED and was really 47. but who knows, maybe she is even older. How could I tell if she had already established that she was a liar.

Her prospect as a mate was officially over about 2 minutes into the date when she told me she had removed her profile on okaycupid, the site where we met on, because all these "20 year old's and African Americans" were writing her. I stated very clearly on my profile that I am looking for a "non-bigoted" person. On this website my profile is relatively short. I've noticed that some women really don't read my profile at all. Maybe they just look at my photo, my race, and my town and say "Yah" or "Nay."

Though she was a racist, I had already paid for over $15 for a lemonade (for me), tea for her, and two awful custard like deserts with a French name that tasted like a food experiment gone tragically wrong. She had only half eaten have if hers. I thought to myself, that's $2.50 down the tubes.

She was from the former Soviet Union so I took this opportunity to pick her brains. I was surprised to learn that her life in St. Petersburg which was then Leningrad, as she explained it, far more closely resembled Soviet propaganda then the typical Western view of Russia, the backward nation. Was she a Communist? I suspect not. Was she privileged. Yes, absolutely. I don't think most people in the Soviet Union were afforded the privilege of traveling like she did within the Soviet Union. She had been to all the Soviet Republics, which span a large part of Asia.

I wonder what she thought of Jews. I wonder if she even saw in my profile that I was Jewish. Maybe if she had said something anti-Semitic I would have taken her up on her subtle suggestion to take her to a Sushi restaurant, then exploited her. But it's just a fantasy. Who wants to fuck a 47 year old Commie bigot?

No comments: