Pages

Saturday, February 07, 2009

No longer eating like a king

I used to get around $30.00 a month in food stamps. And then for some odd reason about six months ago they say they're raising it to around $70.00. And I thought to myself, O holy crap, they must have made a mistake (I've seen them do this before), but who cares, I will get to eat like a king, at least for a month. I ate like a king for 6 months. Food stamps covered my entire dietary staple of eggs, bacon, chicken liver, potatos and heavy cream. It might have even covered at least some of my lowfat yogurt intake as well. But a man can survive without lowfat yogurt. A man could probably live on just eggs, chicken liver and potatos alone for years before dying from a heart attack or terminal disease.

Recently I got this letter form Welfare (though they don't call it that anymore)

Dear RICHARD RICHARDS

Your Bay State CAP food assistance benefits will go to $55.00 on 02/02/2009 beacause your household countable income has changed.

What's funny is that my household countable income has not gone up or changed, and they failed to say that there's a decrease. Do you know what happens when you try to call welfare and try to ascertain what is going on? They hang up on you.

Someday the welfare state will cease to exist. It's only a reminant of what it used to be. People think Obama's going to save the world. But they're living in a dreamland.

I will rejoice the day when the welfare state is dead, for that will mean that all the pissy motherfuckers who work for welfare will be FIRED. In additional, all the right-wing assholes will no longer be able to complain about it. I will gladly give up my pittence of welfare state hand-out to see this day.

No comments: