Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Please God Let Me Have the Good Witch

I have been trying to arrange a date with Michelle for about a month. Another OkayCupid woman. She was very courteous in her messages, seemed interested in me, and did not bust my balls by making me do a screening phone call (which I refuse to do anymore).

Our first attempt at a date I canceled because I felt sick. Then she went on a cruise for a few weeks. And then we set another date but she canceled because she was sick. Yesterday we arranged another date. And there was a fucking minor blizzard. I laid a fallback plan on her. I would not drive -- I would run to a train and meet her in an alternate location in Cambridge near where she was. She would take a taxi. It worked. I made the train -- we finally met. And thank God, because I am going away too.

I liked Michelle right away. She knew I was uncomfortable in the Starbucks just by looking at me. (I sort of fucking hate Starbucks -- and I was a little nauseous, and the rancid odor of their coffee was getting to me). We walked in the mall in search of another location. The first thing she said as we were walking was "I'm from New Jersey, so if you need to make any jokes about New Jersey you should get them out of your system now." And I knew I liked this woman. I told her that "after watching 'The Sopranos,' I no longer make jokes about New Jersey."

Her eyes were almost black, black hair -- she wore black -- a real witch -- my kinda woman! Short. Nice chubby cheeks. Big breasts. Chubby body. (That doesn't bother me at all.) She designated in her profile that she didn't want children, yet she's young enough. It continues to baffle me why people don't want children.

Oh, did I mention that we went to the same school and had the same major too!

I made a few errors on the date, but I don't think any of them were show-stoppers. I put 3 to 1 odds on getting a second date with her. But today when I called her on the phone, too late -- 8:45 p.m., she said it wasn't a good time to talk, had to go to sleep. Said she'd call me tomorrow. There was something about the tone of her voice that seemed not right -- I decided to change the odds of my getting a second date with her to 2 to 1 against. I hope that if she's not interested she'll save me a little humiliation and not call.

Michelle is one of those rare women who interests me. I hope Michelle is interested in me, but I will try not to beat myself up if she isn't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice site, pretty hardcore--this d Richards guy scares me more than your prostate talk, but maybe I'm weird--Hope your Jersey girl
works out/
Paul mcjerkney--chortle
Tried your facebook link but this youtube
scatological rant scared me, that is just taboo

Dickie said...

Jersey Girl doesn't want me. She couldn't handle the truth. Fuck her. The You Tube video wasn't actually made my me, though the audio is Dickie Richards.