Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

No more courtesy for you!

On some dating sites like OkayCupid you have little to no ability to block people soliciting you who are outside of your mileage range. I don't like to date people more than 20 miles away. Why?

1.) I get so anxious driving on the highway that after about 20 miles you must pry my cold dead hands from the steering wheel with crow bar in order to get me out of the car.

2.) I make too little money to afford four dollar gas again and can't afford another car. I can't afford my own car. My mother gave me hers.

Women who I would ordinarily date but are too far away I try to honestly tell them that I would date them, but they are too far. They never believe me. They always think I am bullshitting them. There was this totally beautiful hot blonde in New Hampshire that thought I was trying to bullshit her. I honestly told her that I wasn't trying to bullshit her, that if she lived nearer to me I would be out of my mind not to be interested in meeting her. I even told her that driving made me anxious, though I didn't tell her about my poverty.

After this recent exchange on JDate (the armpit of the dating universe), I decided to stop responding to women as a courtesy, when they lived too far away. Let them fuck themselves.

To Rhode Island Woman:

Hi,

I think you're the first woman on Jdate who has written me who actually interests me. You look really hot too!

I do not date women who are more than 20 miles from me home. It's just too hard for me, and there are a number of reasons.

I've just set the mileage in the my Jdate preferences to 20 miles. It should have been set properly when I obtained a membership. This is my error. I apologize.


-Ed

From Rhode Island Woman:


I guess I misunderstood what you meant by "low mileage". I do appreciate your reply, although I find it hard to understand since I had a Berlin-SF relationship for a number of years and you don't even need a visa/passport to enter RI!

That reference to 'low-mileage" was from my profile which was intended as an obvious metaphore. It was very snippy. I don't understand why anyone would get so snippy. Even if I was rejecting her (and I wasn't), you just come across as such a loser if you react like a pissy asshole when you are rejected. I didn't respond to her any further. She wasn't worthy of a response.

I am a loser but at least I try not to act like one. Losers disgust me.

No comments: