Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Driven to drink by dating

Okay, had my date with the English prof. Couldn't get any work done. Spent the time before the date at 4:30 trying to move my bowels on account of my IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

It was treacherous walking to the train. I thought I was going to break my neck twice. At one one point I was so terrified of slipping on the ice that I squatted down and walked with my ass about a foot off the ground. But I survived. I made it to the date.

She was a very nice person, very attractive, yet utterly alien to me. I am not a member of the bourgeoisie. Even if I was, I have nothing in common with these people beyond growing up in the same places. The whole experience of trying to pass myself off as one of them is disconserting and unnerving.

I somehow survived walking home from the train without breaking any bones or getting hit by any cars, as I try to walk in the street to avoid slipping on the ice of the sidewalk. I could have tried to get a few hours of work done, yet I had two more dates to do over the weekend. There was no way I could concieve of going on these dates while sober. So when I got back I took a drive to the liquor store. I could have bought the the 40 ounce bottle of Budweiser for $3.50, but in true alcoholic fashion I opted to buy the 40 ounce Miller for $1.75 instead. Had they had some cheaper malt liquor I probably would have bought that. Thank God they didn't have 64 ounce bottles. At least I filled my belly with my standard supper of 4 eggs and 4 strips of bacon before drinking.

I won't get any work at all done this weekend with all the fucking dating smack in the middle of the day. This is nothing less than torture and it's just not working.

Very few things in life drive me to drink. It's time for me to rethink the way I'm going about dating. I've decided on a temporary measure of minimizing my dating to only once a week. More than this is going to jeopardize my sanity.

No comments: