Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Victory through beer

There’s an interesting article in the Washington Post about how Obama is using beer to appeal to idiotic swing voters, buying people rounds at campaign stops -- he even brews his own beer at the White House. Romney of course cannot look like the cool beer drinking guy that Obama is, as he is a Mormon. 

There’s something very cheap and petty about Obama’s beer strategy. It’s something that Homer Simpson would do if he were running for president.

Beer gives me insomnia, depression, and acid reflux. It also makes me fat. I spend almost as much on beer as I do on food. I’m considering brewing my own beer as a cost cutting measure, but know that this plan will probably fail, as it will leave me with a shitload of beer after a batch, and if there is beer in the house, I generally drink the fuck out of it.

I wish Obama, instead of promoting the coolness of beer, concentrated on promoting jobs with a living wage for everyone who wants to work, so people like myself wouldn’t have to medicate themselves with beer in order to deal with the existential horror of their existence.

No comments: