Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2005

More Ward Churchill bashing

"Since they've shown no sign of being unreasonable or vindictive, it may even be anticipated that, after a suitable period of adjustment and reeducation (mainly to allow them to acquire the skills necessary to living within their means), those restored to control over their own destinies by the gallant sacrifices of the combat teams the WTC and Pentagon will eventually (re)admit Americans to the global circle of civilized societies."

Quote taken from Ward Churchill's "Some People Push Back: On the Justice of Roosting Chickens."

What boils my blood about Churchill is how he calls the 9/11 terrorists "soldiers," taking part in a military operation. Note the quote above: "gallant sacrifices of the combat teams."

The 9/11 attacks weren't consistent with a military campaign in that they had no clearly defined objective other than to cause massive amounts of bloodshed. In order to terrorize a public, you must perpetrate attacks over a long period of time. Otherwise, terrorism cannot work because the people eventually become complacent again. You need to be relentless and never give people the chance to stop living in fear.

But let's say, for the sake of argument that the 9/11 attacks were a military operation, carried out by soldiers. Certainly these are not soldiers making "gallant sacrifices," as Ward Churchill calls them. These are ruthless animals that kill civilians indiscriminately. Were the planes themselves that the terriorists used to ram into their targets hard targets? I think not. There were innocent "civilians" in these planes. I am not a lawyer, but I believe that under international law that this is a war crime! It certainly is a moral crime. Ward Churchill is a fucking moron and I'm tired of being accused of being a right-winger because I use critical thinking. I don't have to blindly follow any particular left-wing God to have recognition as a left-winger. That's what is supposed to separate the left from the right. The right operates from the primitive animal impulses of the reptilian lower brain, and the left operates from the more recent evolutionary development of the rational upper brain. Anyone who truly believes I'm a right-winger is a far greater moron than even Ward Churchill.

1 comment:

Dickie said...

Well perhaps you're right. Perhaps I should be grateful for the "gallant sacrifices of the combat teams" who killed someone in my town on the hijacked plane that was smashed into the WTC, who had absolutely nothing to do with Wall Street or the imperial domination of the Middle East. So thanks terrorists. And thanks Ward for setting me straight. And thank you, Sir. I wonder how many Churchill books it'll take to wise me up. Boy, those media people sure have me brainwashed. I'm just a dittoheaded monkey. Oop. Oop.