Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Dickie pulled over by the Thought Police

FROM THE THOUGHT POLICE:



Greetings et al.,

I have removed some posts and/or sections of some very snarky/disrespectful posts. Frustration can sometimes cause us to press the "Submit" button, but please keep in mind that humans are working hard to correct this issue and they have your concerns in mind to expedite this repair as quickly as possible. Hurling insults or snarky comments won't speed the process.


DICKIE'S RESPONCE TO THE THOUGHT POLICE:


Dear THOUGHT POLICE (a.k.a Live365.com),

"Snarky?" You really must look that word up in the dictionary, THOUGHT COP.

"Insults?" I challenge anyone to look at my post and tell me where the insults were.

Since it looks like THOUGHT COP has DELETED the post and removed the evidence, I believe I have already won this challenge by default.

I pay $20.00 a month for your service, and statistics has been out for a week. Give me a break. Let's face it, Soviet-era satellite states were run better than Live365. This is a Mickey Mouse operation and I deserve more for $20.00 a month. The last thing I deserve is for THOUGHT COP to delete my posts. What kind of fascist outfit are you running here? Is Joseph Stalin your model for operating a business?

And listen, THOUGHT POLICE. You can delete my post, but you can't escape the fact that you:

1.) Did not reply to my e-mail and failed to give proper customer service.
2.) Failed to deliver your advertised feature, which states: "Advanced Stats, Geo Statistics, Track Power Ratings."

I'm finished. You can delete my post now, THOUGHT COP. I won't spread the seeds of counterrevolution anymore (at least not in this venue.) But I don't appreciate you ignoring my e-mail and deleting my post, which was not profane or belligerent, though very critical. There is a difference between criticism and attack. I believe you know that difference, and that the deletion of my post was plain old, unwarranted censorship. Again, why did you need to delete the post? What are you afraid of, THOUGHT COP? Could it be the truth?

I will seriously rethink who I'm paying my money to for streaming audio from this point on. Deleting that post was the beginning of the end of my customer loyalty to you.

If anyone reads this post before it gets axed by the THOUGHT POLICE, they can see the original post on my blog here:

http://talkwarrior.blogspot.com

One more thing, THOUGHT COP. Not that I think it matters, but I will file a complaint with Live365 because you deleted that message. There was no reason for that!


Sincerely,

Dickie Richards

http://talkwarrior.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dick! Take a chill pill, dude!!! You're about to pop a vein in your forehead.

Dickie said...

How would you feel if I deleted your comment, because I didn't approve of it? How can I chill when I'm paying good money for a buncha fascist fucks to give me shitty service and censure my speech?

Harold said...

I agree that censorship stinks--that's for certain. Live365 should counsel its moderators to ease up on the censorship situation, unless those posts are truly disrespectful. Still, that particular moderator doesn't represent the company as a whole--I'd stick with Live365 and keep working on your show. I'm listening to it now; others will come, just keep pluggin' away.

Dickie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dickie said...

Well, thanks for your support Charssun.

I filed a complaint. Live365 can't treat me like Welfare Recipient and expect to keep me as a customer. I'm seriously thinking about finding another venue for the show. What's costly is real-time streaming, and I would like to keep the show live. But I could stream a prerecorded show right now at little to no-cost. It's not as if Live365 is channeling many listeners in my direction. As I said in the post which got deleted by the fascist son-of-a-bitch, they bury me in the user directory. It's a miracle that anyone finds me there.

Again, thanks for your comment. Feel free to call in during the live show.