Pages

Saturday, May 01, 2010

From Family Guy to Sex Guy

I have been on OkayCupid for a long time. Too long. In the past, when I had some money (though never nearly enough), I tried to look for a women that I could potentially start a family with. But the recession dried up the already shriveled money teat. I refused to let the dream die, and I plotted and planned to go overseas to find employment -- even devoted several hundred hours to the study of Russian. Recently, I botched an important interview, which derailed my immediate plans of going overseas and put the whole mission plan into question.

There was no use in saying that I wanted a nuclear family in my profile if there was no money to fuel this with, so I went "Sex Guy," and selected Casual Encounters, and deselected Long-term and Short-term dating. Though I like sex a lot, I am not a "Sex Guy." I was just tired of being probed about my assets. It's oppressive. At least a fuck buddy would want me for me, and I wouldn't have to waste my time and energy on women who want more than I can give.

I was horrified to learn recently that I had not fully transitioned my profile from Family Guy to Sex Guy. There was still a remnant of the old Family Guy stuff:

"My dream is to find a (non-crime) partner who loves children and desires, as I do, to create a loving family."

God knows how long it was there. It probably seemed very confusing to people.

So now I am fully and completely a Sex Guy. I never dreamed that I would be reduced to being a Sex Guy. I'm sure it could get worse. It probably will...