Pages

Saturday, May 01, 2010

The Cosmopolitan Hotel-Tribeca -- The Worst Hotel in The World

The Cosmopolitan Hotel
95 West Broadway
New York, NY 10007

http://www.cosmohotel.com




I stayed at The Cosmo for one night because I had an interview in the vicinity the next day. The total cost, with tax was $204.33 USD.

I could sense something was not right the moment I stepped foot in the hotel room. This is how the toilet paper was when I got there. It had of course been used by someone, and I felt little as if I were in a bus depot.




The room was a little musky and cramped, but it's Manhattan so I shouldn't complain:




When I attempted to take a shower at night, the shower tub got clogged up:




They sent someone up to look at it. He came back with a plunger and plunged and plunged and plunged. It was getting late, very late. I needed to be at an interview in the morning.



I happen to have experience with clogged bathtubs, and I knew that no amount of plunging on earth was going to unclog it. It needed to be snaked. But they kept plunging.

Finally, after 2:30 a.m., after a lot of bitching and moaning, they granted me another room, right next door. This room had a toilet with a broken fill sensor, so every half minute or so I'd hear annoying water sounds, which was very unsedating. I regret now even giving the maintenance guy a dollar tip for carrying my bag (which I could have carried myself) into the new, shit room.

I had asked for a wake up call before all the shit came down. Of course I never got it, because the fuckers probably never made a note that my room was switched.

In the morning I opted not to complain to the manager because I had an interview and I didn't want to upset myself. They didn't knock a dime off my bill.

The worst hotel in the universe. Stay at your own risk: