Pages

Friday, April 29, 2005

Review of "The Interpreter", Nicole Kidman's nose defect, and Walmart

I saw "The Interpreter" last night, staring Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn, directed by Sydney Pollack. And wow, what a boring slow moving piece of shit that movie was. God how I hate Hollywood movies, but I needed to get out of the house. Sydney Pollack follows the standard Hollywood formula of generating shock and surprise by trying to make the viewer think one thing about a character, and then suddenly shifting gears, attempting to blow the viewer's mind. But the formula sucks because once you've seen it about ten million times, you catch on. Even a retarded guy like me, with an IQ of 95 can figure out what's going to happen next, about ten moves in advance. Ebert gave the movie 3 stars. That probably explains why he's lost so much weight, because he's become an amphetamine addict, and the speed has fried his brain and impaired his judgment.

One thing about Nicole Kidman: Her nostrils are screwed up. Don't get me wrong. I love Nicole. I think she's a pretty decent actress, beautiful, probably the sexiest woman in Hollywood, but as I said, she's got a serious nose defect. In "The Interpreter" they do a real tight close-up of Nicole, and you're practically looking straight up her nose. Her nostrils are distinctly different. Her nose is very uneven and screwed up. Again, this is not a value judgment, I still think she's the sexiest woman in Hollywood, even with a screwed up nose. I think that the fact that she could be so sexy with a screwed up nose makes her all the more sexy.

At least, after the movie, I was able to find where the Walmart in Framingham, MA was, although they were closed. The place had eluded me for years because it's impossible to find anything in the giant shopping Mecca of Framingham, deemed "Shoppers World." I have been too lazy and too poor to buy clothes for years. I used to buy my clothes at Ames. Ames was close, and I bought the greatest cheapest clothing from impoverished third world countries in Asia that a man could buy. But Ames went out of business like Bradlees and everyone else. Now I'm stuck with Walmart. But I'm going to withhold judgment of the Walmart shopping experience until I check it out. It might be the second coming of Christ for a guy who has an IQ under a 100.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she was hot when she was a aussie blushy cheeks, red curls, the yanks fucked her up .that's what you get when you live in a fake country.

Anonymous said...

?