Pages

Monday, September 06, 2004

Blown off by The Freeway Blogger

Dear Talk Warriors,

Last night's show was, at a minimum, a disaster. The Freeway Blogger decided to stand up poor Moshe. In desperation, poor Moshe called Riz, and they did a great show. Then Moshe tested the recording of the show before putting it on the air with Windows Media Player. When he closed sound recorder, the file vanished. No more show! Gone. Vanished. Sucked into the computer black hole. After two failed tries, Moshe finally got off a makeshift solo show.

Moshe told me after the show:

"I was really tired by the time I did the solo show. I got warmed up after the first segment. It wasn't really the disaster you thought it was. We lived. The show will go on. That's the important thing. As for the Freeway Blogger, I'm still going to discuss his blog and his activism, only now I'm not going to be restrained by courtesy if there is something I disagree with. Sometimes it feels as if I can't win. The right has a coordinated conspiracy to set the clock back on the civilization by 500 years, and the left has an impulse to ignore me, not support me, and thwart my efforts at stopping the right from ruining our world. So sometimes I feel, what's the point? But I'm going to keep trying. I do take it personally when people I thought were on my own side screw me, like the Freeway Blogger, but I'm not going to let it stop me."

No comments: