Pages

Saturday, December 01, 2012

I don’t have much to say anymore…

Sometimes I think about Hungary and I cry. I mourn for Hungary and feel sorry for myself. All I have now is crushed dreams and memories of this fairy-tale land. The photo below is of a church in Sopron. If you look closely you can see that the door to the church was open. I wanted to walk in, but I was running out of light and afraid that it I would not be able to find my way back. I did however look at the cemetery in back of the church. It was so beautiful that it moved me to tears.

GEDC1114 

A different church nearby.

GEDC1173

Not only the churches, but the houses in this medieval neighborhood had these little embedded statues in them, and I loved the hell out them.

GEDC1175

The Sopron Tower. This is the logo of Sopron beer.

GEDC1030 

Hotel Palitunus, where I stayed. Only the hotels at Foxwoods rival this hotel in cleanliness. It was only about $50 USD in September. Excellent breakfast, with lots of sausage and other meats. Friendly staff. It doesn’t get much better than Hotel Palitunus. This street used to be called “Jew Street.” It was part of the Jewish ghetto during the middle ages.

GEDC1012

As you can see from the map, I was not far from Vienna. It doesn’t bother me that much that I never got a chance to see Vienna. Fuck Vienna. I saw Sopron!

image

No comments: