Pages

Monday, November 21, 2005

Spanking children fuels aggression, anxiety

Spanking children fuels aggression, anxiety, the title of a Reuters article, starts with:

By Megan Rauscher Mon Nov 21,11:42 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Children who are spanked when they misbehave are more likely to be anxious and aggressive than children who are disciplined in nonphysical ways, research shows. This is true even if spanking is the "cultural norm."


I remember getting into an argument with a parent about the morality of hitting children. I took the position that it was immoral. And she had a fucking wig-out.

She told me:

"ARE YOU A PARENT? YOU'RE NOT A PARENT. WHAT THE FUCK WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT CHILDREN? YOU DON'T NO NOTHING TILL YOU'VE HAD KIDS!"

I've dealt with dumb assholes like this all my life. Well, the evidence is in, you child-hitting fucking parental assholes. Hitting kids is backwards, does not work, and you don't have to be a fucking parent to realize this because the scientific evidence backs it up. I still resent being hit my parents, and I couldn't imagine doing this to a kid.

Am I the only guy on the planet who harbors this type of resentment?

No comments: